\ Hip Displeasure: Hip D Podblast » The BlooGAR Show » Vol. 6

Hip Displeasure Logo Hip Displeasure Title

An independent music and pop culture commentary collective.

ChatRSSObnerhipdispleasure@gmail.com

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Hip D Podblast » The BlooGAR Show » Vol. 6

See, we took Thanksgiving week off (actually it was mental recovery from the debacle that was Dave's bachelor party), but didn't allow ourselves to lose any steam by going into another one of those lazy exiles were it just seems like sooooo much work to cut a show. Nope, we persevered for the people. Hope you enjoy the latest edition. Musical selections:

Neil Young - "Come On Baby Let's Go Downtown" (live)
Albert Hammond Jr. - "Back To The 101"
Clipse - "Nightmares" (ft. Bilal)
Jay-Z - "Oh My God"
Kris Kristofferson - "Chase The Feeling"

I'm assuming too that the show being compressed to 128 k mp3 has made it more manageable for all since I haven't heard any complaints. Or, no one is listening.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sketch said...

Great show, gents. I'm sure you're both painfully aware of my bias against mainstream hip-hop. Apparently, I'm supposed to like the Clipse track or defend it? Fuck that noise. I'll take that Jay-Z track any day.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Yail Bloor said...

Agreed Sketch-y. I've heard some pretty good shit by Clipse but that track is a dog no matter which way you slice it. And that Jigga is the TRUTH!

Thanks for finally checking us out, buddy.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You admitted yourself it's the worst track on the album, so why play it? You coulda played 'Momma Im Sorry', 'Trill', 'Dirty Money' or anything else. This song is just the obligatory soft song at the end of the album.
That still leaves the album with a higher good song to filler ratio than any other hip hop release this year, including T.I., Ghostface, Jay-Z, The Game, whatever.

If im being honest though, this made my top 20 before I even heard it, since Ive been looking forward to it for so long. In the same way, Saigon's album will most likely be in my top 20 when he eventually gets around to releasing it.

- splates

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyway I agree with you dumb hicks about the new Jay-Z

Alot of people are pretty disappointed, but you know, fuck it, it's still Jay-Z.

- splates

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah i'm with splates. it's a cop out to play the most pedestrian song on HHNF and then complain that you don't get what the big deal is about the production on the album. i love the album and think the production is great.

also i'm not a big jay-z fan but that song was pretty good.

and the opening section of the show had me cracking up today.

shiv

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see what you are trying to say, but even when you put the albums back to back Jay comes out about 100 times better. As does dat T.I. Differn't Strokes I guess. Honkies.

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home